BLACK SEA OIL AND GAS EXPLORATION PROSPECTS AND INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO BE DISCUSSED MARCH 2013
The Black Sea region can be considered a complex but hugely important area for hydrocarbon development in Europe. Recent exploratory drilling activities are promising, and there are currently important stakeholders in the region includingOMV,Total and Repsol.
Gas and oil pipeline decisions are still in discussion, as are the issues in relation to the Bosphorus Strait. In energy terms, the region is a bridge between the Caspian region and Europe, as well as the Middle East and the East Mediterranean. Energy security, exploration & production, energy transportation and geopolitics are the mainmidstream and upstream challenges, but with these challenges come opportunities.
To put this in context, the Black Sea Oil and Gas Forum takes place from 6-7 March at the Sheraton Sofia Balkan, Sofia, Bulgaria and will explore what requires further commitment and investment,along with predictions from the littoral states, including those in Russia, Ukraine, Georgia, Bulgaria, Romania and Turkey, as well as surrounding countries influencing the region.
The forum brings together government officials, IOCs, NOCs, operators, EPC specialists, local contractors and regional experts who will be identifying the key opportunities and challenges in Black Sea region, including:
· H.E. DelyanDobrev, Minister, Ministry of Economy, Energy and Tourism, BULGARIA
· Marc Blaizot, Senior Vice President Exploration and Member of the Management Board, Total
· Kurt Wagner, Vice President Exploration, Middle East & Caspian, OMV
· KirilTemelkov, CEO, Bulgartranzgaz
· Jean-Arnold Vinois, Acting Director for Internal Energy Market, European Commission
· BogdanPopescu, Managing Director, Zeta Petroleum (Romania) srl
Discussion based case studies and panel debates will provide coverage on:
· Taking Steps Towards Regional Co-operation in the Black Sea
· How do the Black Sea Tenders and Discoveries Relate to the Southern Corridor?
· Host Country Focus: Bulgaria - What are the Latest Developments?
· The Very Latest on Exploration and Production from Total and OMV
· Monetisation of National Resources from the NOCBulgartranzgaz
· Special Country Focus sessions for Georgia, Turkey, Ukraine, and Romania
For further information, visit www.blackseaoilgas.com or contact Laurence Allen on +44 (0)20 3615 0390 or email@example.com
|Main page | Print | Close window|
|OILMARKET © 2003-2018
Reprint of the materials is prohibited without written consent of the authors, other uses require reference to the original. Electronic media quotations of the materials published in the magazine and on the site are permitted only on condition of linking to this site after the quote.